Dear Members and Friends,
Please find attached CONSERVATION MANITOU’s 2014 Annual Report and Notice of Annual Meeting of Members to be heldSaturday, May 16, 2015 at 2:00PM at the Ivry-sur-le-lac Town Hall.
Since our founding just over 2 years ago, we have accomplished the following:
- Become the largest registered charity dedicated to land conservation in the Laurentians.
- Increased membership to 120 members and raised $1.7 million in donations and pledges.
- Acquired or are in the process of acquiring 297 acres of forest in Ivry-sur-le-lac including 4,400 feet of shoreline on Lake Manitou and 2,500 feet of shoreline on Horseshoe Lake.
- Created the Townsend Nature Preserve on the north-eastern shores of Lake Manitou of which 81 acres have been rezoned with the help of the municipality.
- Maintained annual operating costs under 1% of cumulative donations received.
We have achieved these milestones together and our ongoing activities and future success depend on your continued support.
A huge thank you to all those who have contributed so far !